Virgo is good at a lot of things and one of those things is hiding their true emotions. This makes it hard to read them at times.
confinedkalypso answered: I AM A VIRGO AND I AM NOT A CRITICIZING EMOTIONALLY DETACHED NEAT FREAK phew that felt good. i am sweet and messy :) <3
I know that it can be frustrating when we read about traits that we don’t personally identify with. Countless times have I gotten annoyed at sloppy astrology telling me stupid things about my own Sun sign.
BUT, but Virgo is a sign a emotional layers; traits such as ‘emotionally detached’ may not sound correct because it isn’t entirely correct. Virgo’s can look at things rather analytically, which is a great gift bestowed upon from their ruling planet Mercury (Gemini also has this quality). Virgo, like all of the astrological signs certainly does FEEL, but to what extent do you display these feelings? The answer is a variable depending on your Moon sign, Ascendant, Mercury, Mars, Venus, and aspects formed. A better way of putting it is: Virgo’s can take control of their emotions when they FEEL as though they’re in control. When a Virgo isn’t in control they can feel emotionally scattered and become a nervous frenzy.
Moving on, not every Virgo is a neat freak, but they like things their way (no matter how meticulous, organized, or scattered it may be). That in particular IS associated with this sign, but does that mean that you jump for joy in the cleaning supplies aisle in the store? Probably not. Instead, I would say Virgo’s are generally quite particular about their personal surroundings. Of course not every Virgo is this way (my younger brother is a very disorganized and seemingly sloppy Virgo. But he has very good manners and respects other people’s space and way of doing things because that is what he expects from others).
Next: Criticism. You may not feel critical of people or yourself, but that is a trait associated with the sign of Virgo. If that is a quality you do not share, then consider yourself lucky because it is a heavy trait that Virgo’s feel and sometimes it can be hard for them to truly let go of expectations and relax.
Bottom line: Not every Virgo you come across will be the same. There are many fun-loving, wild, and even crass Virgo’s out there—just as there are those at the other end of the spectrum. By carefully reading your birth chart and understanding your aspects you will be able to better navigate your own personality and learn to take Sun sign information with a grain of salt if you experience a heavy influence from other signs in your chart.
Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Venus, Mercury, Saturn
Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces
The Influence of Virgo
- You know if you want something done right, then you must do it yourself
- You have a deep love for all things aesthetic, crisp, and creative
- Having a purpose, a goal, and something concretely long-term make you feel like a whole person
- It’s easy for you to be perceived as highly judgmental
- However, your judgments come from a place of concern and compassion
- You hide your sensitivity, but it’s most often expressed in an easily-offended, critical manner
- Being objective and getting to the root of a problem are natural talents of yours
- You may not inherently feel like a leader, but you have no problem stepping up when you’re asked, and even when you’re not— you easily sense when and where you are needed
- When you know something, you know everything there is to know about that thing, you become slightly obsessive over it
- Your humor ranges on the “cool as a cucumber” to pure goofy
- You are a perfectionist because you don’t see a point in doing something half-assed, if it has your name on it, you will never miss an opportunity to make yourself look good
- You observe and hold back before sharing any opinions and thoughts, but when you’re ready, you deliver
- You find comfort in the details of life, and it’s where you truly shine
Virgo Zodiac Facts
Virgo Zodiac Symbol
I hope this Virgo season finds everyone well. Here’s the deal - my mom was in the hospital last week. Now that I’ve brought her home, she really needs round the clock care. So, it’s gonna take me a while before I can post any new profiles.There are previous birthday profiles for each Virgo birth date though, and I will try to post when I can. Sorry for the inconvenience. Take care.
My birthday post for today and tomorrow will likely be delayed as I have had to deal with a medical emergency. If you check the page, you will find birthday profiles for September 2 and 3 already posted. Sorry I hope you enjoy your September birthday.
A few notable September 1st birthdays:
- Barry Gibb - Singer/songwriter of Bee Gees fame; born Sept 1st, 1946.
- Gloria Estefan - Grammy-winning singer/songwriter; born Sept 1st, 1957.
- Padma Lakshmi - Author, actress, model & tv host; born Sept 1st, 1970.
- Lily Tomlin - Noted actress & comedienne; born Sept 1st, 1939.
- Ann Richards -2nd female governor of Texas; born Sept 1st, 1933.
The September First Personality
September 1 people are tough, and able to handle the difficulties fate has in store for them. They tend to be pragmatic, practical yet charming, with an approach to life that is straightforward and direct. Those born on this day often have quite spectacular fantasies but demonstrate a knack for bringing such dreams down to the practical level, which can earn them a good financial return on their ideas.
September 1 people do not fool around at all when it comes to their work. They are, however, capable of listening to constructive criticism—always interested in knowing how they can do something better and open to suggestions for improvement.
Though September 1 people are mentally oriented, they also have a very physical side. Combative types, they are ready to back up their words with actions and generally do not shrink from a fight. Thus, they must be careful not to steamroll those who may be a bit too sensitive for their direct onslaughts. If in business they think up an idea or system, they won’t be happy unless they implement and maintain it as well. No matter what they create, its physical manifestation is something in which they must be personally involved.
September 1 people must learn that not everyone thinks the way they do on this subject; this difference can cause misunderstandings with love partners. Furthermore, September 1 people have to learn to be a bit less serious about their careers, and not just restrict having fun to the weekend or vacation times. Those born on this day will find that many conflicts come their way. They are survivors, but have their limitations, too. They must learn to walk away from Lady Luck’s wheel of fortune in order to avoid disaster.
STRENGTHS: Conscientious, Physical, Fearless
WEAKNESSES: Insistent, Grim, Unyielding
Source: The Secret Language of Birthdays by Gary Goldscheider